What are the benefits of coaching?
Frequently reported benefits include:
- Enhanced prioritizing, setting and accomplishing goals
- Focused and directed tasks to stay on track
- More effective communication skills
- Increase in life balance
- Greater self-awareness and confidence
- Better planning and time management skills
Do you have a methodology that you use with clients?
My training from Results Coaching Systems is a brain-based methodology, which means it is self-directed, not advice driven. I believe that while clients don’t always know the best course of action to take at the moment, deep down inside people know what they need. My job is to uncover this knowledge by asking powerful questions that are thought-provoking, give honest feedback and keep clients focused and moving forward to achieve their goals and gain insight about themselves in the process.
How soon will I see results?
Some clients actually see results after the very first session, even before they commit to a full series. Others usually see progress within the first month of coaching and by the third month most clients report measurable success in each of their goals. However, coaching is not a quick-fix and it does require hard work and dedication to your goals. With me as your coach you will have a mentor to guide and encourage you, a personal trainer to challenge you and hold you accountable and a partner to brainstorm, give you honest feedback and gently move you out of your comfort zone. For some clients a three month coaching series is what they need to motivate them and to gain clarity around their goals, move past their fears and achieve their goals. Other clients want the on-going support and accountability of a long-term coaching relationship.
Who are the best candidates for coaching?
Clients that are Coachable have the best chance of success, so I only work with people that are ready to commit to the coaching. Being Coachable means that you are willing to look at things in a new way and do things differently. It also means that you are willing to engage in honest communication and can accept honest feedback from your coach. Coachable clients are open and curious and can let go of trying to control the outcome. To be Coachable, you must be willing to trust the process and allow your greatness to shine.
What is the cost?
The cost depends on the type of coaching and/or consulting arrangement the client desires. The initial brief coaching consultation is free. A 90 minute career or small business assessment is $150 and may be applied to your coaching series. At the completion of the initial session a fee will be quoted for a package suitable for the particular client’s needs. There is no obligation or pressure to continue if you don’t feel that you have received value or if coaching is not for you.
What about confidentiality?
Coaching and consulting sessions are strictly confidential.
How is coaching different than therapy?
First of all, coaching differs from therapy in that it is self-directed, meaning, the client drives the coaching agenda. While the coach facilitates the discussion and helps to keep it focused and on-track, the client sets the agenda. A therapist may listen to a client and discuss the past as a way to resolve old issues the client may have. In coaching when we discuss the past it’s to uncover patterns and habits that may no longer serve the client. We are mainly concerned with “What the client can do now and in the future” to move into action to achieve their goals.
Should I work with a therapist or a coach?
It depends on the particular client’s circumstances. Most coaches are trained in a different set of methodologies than therapists. Many clients benefit from both coaching and therapy but one does not usually take the place of the other. Coaching often supports clients in getting therapy to deal with issues that are beyond the scope of coaching, such as certain illnesses or addictions. Click here for service offerings.
What can I expect from a coaching series?
Coaching Sessions are thought-provoking and enlightening. Chris will:
- Guide you through a process that will facilitate a better understanding of yourself and others; and help you motivate you to take action to make changes in your life
- Gently push you to envision and create a life that you love by expanding your thinking and challenging you to play big
- Help you to safely examine patterns and let go of fears and negative habits that no longer serve you
- Assist you in creating a plan and getting into action to achieve your goals
- Support, motivate and inspire you to be and do your best
How does coaching work?
Coaching sessions may be conducted via telephone, Skype or in person at the Strategic Life Plans Hartford, CT office. Telephone or Skype allows for the greatest scheduling flexibility for our clients – many who must fit coaching into already busy schedules!
The Details: An initial consultation will allow us to clearly define how we can support you. This initial session usually takes a little more than an hour.
- Clients sign up for a three (3) month series, which consists of four (4) one-hour, one-on-one weekly sessions per month
- Email support is included
- Assistance and feedback with resume, cover letters, business plans or other written materials
- Brief phone sessions for inspiration and/or motivation can be provided as needed
- Resources, brainstorming, networking leads and ideas
- Most fees are listed with our Services, however, a few are determined after initial consultation depending on client goals and needs as well as the number of coaching participants involved
Group Coaching workshops and seminars will be posted under Small Business & More when scheduled.